SEMINAR SERIES 2016
In 2016, supported by The Dormant Accounts Fund, Care Alliance Ireland facilitated three seminars for organisations who were providing, or who were planning to provide, training and supports for Family Carers. As part of this seminar series, we invited international experts in Family Carer supports and evaluation to present their work.
SEMINAR 1: 15TH & 16TH FEBRUARY 2016
- Implementing a Personal Outcomes Approach with and for carers Dr. Emma Miller, University of Strathclyde, Scotland
- Online support for carers Frida Andreasson, Swedish Family Care Competence Centre, Sweden.
- Family Carer Training; from 2009- 2016 Liam O’Sullivan, Care Alliance Ireland.
- Co-creation of Open Educational Resources: Caring Counts: a self-reflection and planning course Dr. Lindsay Hewitt & Dr. Gill Ryan, The Open University
- Planning for good training outcomes Sandra Velthuis
SEMINAR 2: 16TH MAY 2016
- From theory to practice: how to evaluate the success of your family carer training Sandra Velthuis, Whitebarn Consulting
- Project Reporting & Evaluation; An example from Care Alliance Ireland Zoe Hughes, Care Alliance Ireland.
SEMINAR 3: 7TH NOVEMBER 2016
- ABI Ireland: Brain Aware Carers’ Programme. Layla Moroney, Acquired Brain Injury Ireland.
- Alzheimer Bulgaria Association, 2011 -2016. Petya Bancheva, Alzheimer Bulgaria Association.
- Anziani e non solo: Training for Family Carers. Licia Boccaletti, Anziani e non solo, Italy.
- Care Alliance Ireland: Family Carer Training. Zoe Hughes, Care Alliance Ireland.
- NGO Estonian Carers – efforts in carers training. Ivar Paimre, Estonian Carers.
- Family Carers Group- St. Francis Hospice. Kate Diamond & Emer Honan, St. Francis Hospice.
- Saint Joseph’s Shankill: Caring for Carers. Teresa Mooney, Saint Joseph's Shankill.
In addition to these presentations, the attendees at the three seminars shared their insights and experience with their peers, and this reflective feedback has been collated into a document, available here.